Pork with Red and Green Bell Peppers
Ø 2 Well-trimmed thinly sliced pork chop; Add Salt and black pepper to taste
Ø ½ tsp dried thyme
Ø 1 Tbsp Olive oil, divided
Ø 1 small onion, thinly sliced
Ø clove garlic, finely crushed
Ø ¼ inch ginger, stripped, very finely chopped
Ø ½ medium green sweet pepper, cut in strips
Ø ½ medium red sweet pepper, cut in strips
Ø ¼ cup pineapple juice
Ø 2 tsp red wine
Ø 8 oz Irish potatoes, peeled, boiled and cut in wedges
1. Season pork with salt, black pepper and thyme.
2. Heat half of the oil in a heavy-bottomed frying pan.
3. Brown pork chops on both sides.
4. Remove and set aside
5. Add remaining oil, onion, garlic, ginger and peppers to frying pan.
6. Saute [fry lightly] until vegetables are tender.
7. Return pork chops and any meat juices to pan.
8. Add pineapple juice and red wine and let simmer for 5 minutes.
9. Place potatoes on a serving plate and crush with a fork.
10. Place pork chops and peppers on top of potatoes.