Pineapple and Mango Pork
Ø 3½ lb pork loin
Ø 3 garlic cloves, sliced
Ø 4 cups of diced pineapple
Ø 1½ cups of chicken broth
Ø 1½ cups of pineapple juice
Ø ½ cup of mango chutney
Ø 3 tablespoons of butter
Ø 1 tablespoon of curry powder
Ø Salt and pepper.
1. Preheat your oven to 350°F (175°C).
2. Cut slits into the pork and place a slice of garlic in each slit.
3. Season the pork with the salt and pepper and put it in a large roasting pan.
4. In a saucepan, melt the butter; then add the powder curry and cook for about 2 minutes.
5. Add the diced pineapple and cook for another 5 minutes.
6. Stir in the chicken broth and pineapple juice; then boil the mixture for about 10 minutes.
7. Remove the diced pineapple from the mixture and place it around the pork.
8. Pour about ½ cup of the mixture over top of the pork.
9. Roast the pork, uncovered for about 50 minutes, basting every 10 minutes.
10. At 50 minutes, spread the chutney over the pork; then roast another 30 minutes.
11. Allow the roast to rest for 10 minutes.
12. Use the remaining pineapple sauce to deglaze the pan in which the roast cooked.
13. Slice the pork and serve with the sauce poured over top.
Ø Serves 6